Trying to get my life together and back in order has completely sidetracked my concentration and dedication to this blog. I've been busy working on resumes and interviewing and looking at apartments and hanging out in Brooklyn and kissing tattooed boys and trying to stay away from townie boy and letting my face heal and trying to not be a drunk mess and going to the beach and running in nature trails and cranking the AC.
I'm focusing out getting out, not so much away from, but out of here. I will never be able to get away, no matter how hard I try. I can, however, get out. Perhaps thats the lesson i'm slowly learning about this crazy place, my hometown. You don't get to choose your hometown, you only get to choose to leave. And perhaps thats not so bad. It will always be here.
I'm starting to feel like I wasted this summer by being wasted. Come winter, wherever I may be, I know I will be mad at myself for being a night owl and not enjoying my time here to the fullest. I came back here to get my life in order, and heal after a horrible heartbreak. Part of that, or at least for me, is being completely self-destructive. I understand that. Now, i'm at the point to enjoy MYSELF. Enjoy being ALONE. Enjoy Long Island. It's a vacation paradise for a reason. I'm pulling out of here to win.
8.07.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment